Monday, March 29, 2010

.005

With all the exciting baby news and wedding planning, what better time to be with family and friends. Matt & I headed to CHICAGO.

With Dolce in tow we boarded a plane and set east to the Windy City! In 6 days we were able to do so many wonderful things with so many wonderful people. Our first full day there we went to my Grandmother's house in Chicago to settle Dolce into his new home and spend time with my Aunt Annmarie and Grandma D. Later that night we went to my long-time friends Maggie and Scotty Reed's house for dinner where most of my high school friends joined us. It was great catching up and sharing laughs about the good old days.

We spent the next day with my Mother having lunch at New Star Chinese restaurant and then walking to the dance studio. While she taught her classes Matt and I walked around historic Oak Park admiring the Frank Lloyd Wright studio and homes he built and designed. We strolled around Lake Street and shared a scoop of ice cream at Oberweis. We headed back to meet with Mom for dinner at Giordanos for authentic Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!! Yummmmm...

Saturday was spent downtown at the Shedd Aquarium with Maggie & Scotty. This was one of our favorite parts of the trip. We walked around looking at all the beautiful fish and animals and even saw a few shows. My favorite section of the Shedd was the Sharks in the Coral Reef. I've never seen such large, dangerous aquatic animals so close. On our way home we stopped at Millenium Park which we ran through because it was so cold and snowy. The night ended with dinner back in Oak Park at Lalo's Mexican restaurant where more friends joined us.

Sunday we traveled out West to my Aunt Shirley's house for a homemade Italian lunch with all my cousins. Matt was glad to meet my dad's side of the family and it was such a fun time catching up with them.

Our last day in Chicago we went back to Grandma's house for an authentic Polish lunch. It was Matt's first time trying this type of food and I think he really enjoyed it. We drove over to St. Hyacinth's Catholic Church where my mother and aunt went to school as children and my parent's were married. The church is breathtakingly beautiful.

Tuesday morning we packed up our things and said our goodbyes. It was sad to leave but we were ready to get back to the sunny Phoenix weather. It was such a memorable trip and we were so blessed to be able to see everyone we wanted and do all these wonderful things.

Here is a video showing some highlights of our TRIP TO CHICAGO:

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I want to go to Chicago! It looks like you guys had a great trip. Were you sick after eating the beef?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go sometime I love that city! We didn't get sick though we didn't feel great. We both actually had super crazy dreams that night...I think it had to do with the meat. Who knows? It sure tasted good though! Now that we are back home, no more meat for us :) just a nice little treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt as though I went with you and Matt by the wonderful job of filming your trip. What an outstanding memory you two have created of your trip to Chicago. I look forward to all the great things that lie ahead for both of you, I can't begin to tell you how proud and how much I love you guys. As Grandpa and Grandma would definetly say"God Bless You Three!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yOU TWO! are too cute. i'm checking in on you. i LOVE these little videos..and i love the sound tracks too..
    i'm so excited to see you both this summmer. xx

    ReplyDelete