Monday, May 2, 2011

our weekend

Thursday was Matt's last day working on a commercial for Arizona Lottery so since then Audrey & I have been enjoying time with him before he's on to the next gig!

Friday was a day for errands. We paid our bills, went out to lunch & went grocery shopping. Even doing everyday errands like these are always more fun with Matt & Audrey.

I've been reading a lot of mommy blogs lately and something fun I've seen is a mother/daughter style post. Basically they post photos of what they wore that day. It's not something I would normally do, although I do really like clothes and fashion, but I thought I'd give it a shot!


Here's what we wore on Friday:


.::Baby::.
shirt } thrifted (international)
skinny jeans } baby gap


.::Mama::.

pony shirt } thrifted via Buffalo Exchange
jean shorts } Hudson, thrifted via Buffalo Exchange/Hollywood,CA
boots } Frye


On Saturday Jamie Tworkowski, the founder of To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) spoke at our church. Jeremy (Pastor of Worship Arts) interviewed him about his non-profit charitable organization. His vision is to present hope and find help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA started by selling t-shirts to raise money for a girl Jamie knew who couldn't afford treatment for her depression/addiction. They started a MySpace page and bands started wearing these t-shirts and spread the word about Jamie's movement. Five years later To Write Love On Her Arms has helped 150,000 people in 40 different countries. It was great to meet him & be able to hear his story.





Sunday was a relaxing day. Matt, Audrey & I took a long walk in the morning and a long nap when we got home. It was such a pleasant day together.


I have been doing baby sign language with Audrey since she was 2 months old. Just within the last 2 weeks I've noticed her really focusing on my hands when I've done the signs. Finally last week she mimicked me and did the sign for "milk"!!! It was literally jaw dropping to see her sign to me. The first couple of times she did it, I wasn't convinced that she knew what it meant because she would do it right after a feeding or just at a random time. Now, a few days later she is doing it when she is hungry! YAY!!! I am so impressed and happy that my persistence has paid off! I was able to catch her doing it on video yesterday and I wanted to share that here. The sign for "milk" is to squeeze your hand open and closed repeatedly, kind of the hand motion you would do if you were to milk a cow. So look at her hands in the video and you will definitely see her sign clearly towards the end. Just an FYI, she is fussy in the video because she is hungry, hence why she is signing for milk! :)




Sunday night ended with breaking news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. News like this just overwhelms me with emotion. Is it good, is it bad? I really don't know. What I do know is the feeling I had when reading my twitter feed and everyone was celebrating death! I couldn't help but feel like there was something very wrong with that. I came across a bible passage that put my feelings into words....


Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles. -Proverbs 24:17


My only hope is that the war be over.

4 comments:

  1. Central had TWLOHA out like two years ago, was great then. Would have liked to have seen what has been going on since.

    Just curious, but do you like your baby? Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post!! The pictures of what you two wore is sooo cute, and it's amazing she's understanding the sign language motions already! She's a genius... and as far as Bin Laden goes, I'm right there with you girl. Feels yucky to see so many people celebrating death. Just doesn't seem right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey is so smart! What a sweet baby. And good for you for teaching her sign. What a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so great about the sign language. i only taught my kids a couple things...but was always so excited when the "got it" and we could communicate just a little bit! congratulations on your consistant work with her! oh, and your clothing pictures were super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete