Sunday, December 19, 2010

.013

Audrey is my favorite person in the world.

I love spending my days (and nights) with her & I'm really feeling the mother/daughter bond everyone told me about. It's funny how for 9 months I heard story after story of other mother's experiences with their baby and don't get me wrong it was wonderful to hear but it really means nothing until you experience it for yourself. And now that I am, I totally get it! Audrey is
SO much fun & probably the happiest baby I have ever met. It definitely helps when I'm woken up at 4am for a feeding and I reach into the crib and as soon as Audrey sees me she stops crying and smiles up at me.

I really enjoy the time right after she's eaten and had a diaper change and we just sit looking at each other smiling and laughing. She has now started to respond to us talking to her with her cute little "coos". I love her blossoming little personality.

This week has been a lot of different things. It has been painful, exciting, fun, busy, and exhausting. Let's start with painful...
On Wednesday I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled. They were both grown in and I had enough room for them but unfortunately they both had cavities. I put off visiting the dentist until I wasn't pregnant anymore and so the time came to have them pulled. It wasn't as bad as I always anticipate (even though I've had like 9 teeth pulled before) but it's never a good time. Matt was working all week so Peter took me to the appointment while Christine cared for Audrey. When I got home I was a little groggy but I felt well enough to bake Matt's birthday cake. Which brings us to the exciting part of the week... we celebrated Matt's 28th birthday on Friday December 17th! Unfortunately he was working that day but we were able to sing to him and eat cake, and took him out for a Sushi dinner.

On to the fun part of the week, Audrey at 8 weeks old
ROLLED OVER for the very first time. Now mind you, this most likely is a fluke (even though we are certain Audrey is a prodigy child) because we haven't seen it happen again since BUT the best part is I just so happened to be filming her when she did it! So here it is.

Listen for the cute little squeal she lets out as she's rolling over.





As I mentioned before Matt has been working all week which is where
busy comes in. He has worked on many different things including a pilot for a local woman starting her own Martha Stewart-ish show, an Mtv2 show filmed at the raceway & HGTV's Celebrity Holiday Homes where he got to spend two days at Kurt Warner's home here in Phoenix. Matt has been working so hard these last two weeks with extremely long hours and not a day off! For him, this week has been exhausting.

Here are some fun photos taken this weekend of Audrey, of course.

This is a winter hat I found at a local childrens consignment shop called Hissyfits




Audrey & I are pretty hip.




My good friend Taylor came over for lunch on Sunday




We ended the night with a stroll in the park using my new Baby Bjorn that both Audrey & I really enjoy. That was an almost full moon behind us.


No comments:

Post a Comment