Thursday, December 30, 2010

.016

This time of year usually has me frazzled, planning visits with family, preparing gifts, decorating, etc. But not this year. This year was incredibly relaxing and I really enjoyed it! Maybe it was because I have Audrey to take up my time or that this was my first Christmas as a wife making new traditions with my family, whatever it was I liked it.

The day before Christmas eve my younger sister Brigitte spent the night and that was really special. We don't get to see each other very often because she lives almost two hours South of us so it was really nice to have some sister bonding time.

Audrey had her 2 month doctor's appointment that day and was given three shots. I had been dreading this day all week. The nurse came in and weighed her and she now weighs 10.5 lbs, still a little peanut! They have me take all her clothes off except for her diaper and then we wait for the doctor to come in. The last few times we have been there we haven't waited very long but that day must have been busy because we waited for 20 min which felt like an eternity considering Audrey was having a complete meltdown. I tried everything to calm her but nothing worked. I thought maybe she was hungry so I tried nursing, I tried to rock her, I tried swaddling her, nothing worked. I started to get really frustrated, we hadn't even seen the doctor yet let alone get her shots over with. Matt was nice and calmed me down and finally the doctor came in to talk to us. Audrey was still crying so Matt rocked her while I talked with the doctor. She said everything looks great with Audrey and she is growing beautifully. She asked a lot of questions like "is she smiling, cooing, recognizing mom & dad?" and we answered yes to all of them. She also asked how she is sleeping and if she has rolled over yet. I told her that Audrey has been sleeping 6-7 hour nights which she said is considered sleeping through the night. I told her that she had rolled over 4 times and she told us that only 20% of babies roll over this early, that it usually doesn't happen until 4 months. She held Audrey and listened to her heart and as she handed her back to Matt she commented on how well she holds her head up. It's pretty cool to hear the doctor tell us how coordinated she is, maybe she'll be an early crawler! We'll be baby-proofing our house before we know it! The nurse then came in and administered her shots. Matt helped hold her still and I sat on the side. I just couldn't watch. I looked over at one point to see Audrey's whole face beet red! Luckily she wore herself out so much from crying she fell asleep shortly after and took a nice long nap. For the rest of the day, anytime she woke up she was a grump but I don't blame her. Shots are no fun!

waiting at the doctor's office


I'm pretty sure this is what my face looks like right before shots

we went out to lunch after to Pei Wei for Thai food

Brigitte's first try of Pad Thai


We saw this at the grocery store! We thought it was pretty clever.

We spent the rest of the night baking holiday treats and watching Christmas movies.

Brigitte decorating gingerbread cookies.



Chocolate Peppermint Bark


The next day, Christmas eve, we went to my dad's house for dinner. It was a lot of fun visiting with them and exchanging gifts. Audrey had the most gifts to open out of everyone and she slept through the whole thing!


Matt, Audrey and I left dad's house and headed to Church for the last Christmas service.


we each shared our flame until the whole Church was lit up.


It was a beautiful way to celebrate Jesus' birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment